Charm City is no longer just a slogan, it’s a faster, easier, and more secure ride in life.
CharmCard – MTA (Baltimore, MD)
The Maryland Transit Authority’s (MTA) fare collection systems are at or near end-of-life. CCG is assisting the MTA with planning, designing, and supporting the procurement of a new account-based fare collection system. CCG developed a comprehensive concept of operations that identified the existing conditions of the agency and described the next generation fare collection system’s technical, business, and functional objectives. Our team led the procurement strategy and sourcing plan that resulted in a phased plan that carefully aligned funding and staffing resources with system and operational needs. Following requirements gathering workshops, CCG developed technical requirements and procurement documents for the core electronic fare collection system, TVMs, mobile applications, fareboxes and a retail network, and assisted the MTA with vendor selection.
- Concept of Operations development
- Procurement strategy
- Technical and functional specification development
- Capital and operating cost estimates
- Bid sheets and evaluation criteria development
- Support RFP development and vendor selection
- Concept of Operations and Procurement Strategy with a phased implementation
- Robust and innovative set of technical and functional requirements
- Successful procurement process support