A vision realized and a responsibility to uphold
Clipper® and C2– Metropolitan Transportation Commission (San Francisco, CA)
The Clipper system rolled out on the last of the 27 transit agencies serving the Bay Area in early 2017. Our Project Manager, Trevor Findley, oversaw the implementation on the first eight agencies, starting back in 2005, and CCG still works to maintain that legacy. While MTC is in the process of procuring a replacement to the existing Clipper system, CCG is helping the agency take innovative steps to bring next-generation functionality to the public today, and enable smoother operations by the region’s transit operators well in advance of the new system.
CCG is also assisting MTC in the procurement and planning for the next-generation Clipper (C2) system. Trevor Findley is assisting MTC in evaluating technical proposals for the integration of emerging technologies and future partners, as well as assessing vendor price proposals for reasonableness and potential cost savings. Chris Tucker and Trevor Findley provided technical support of the new Clipper mobile app supporting NFC-based in-wallet payments.
- C2 procurement support
- Long-term vision definition
- Strategic planning
- Real-time communications upgrade plan
- Mobile strategy development
- Cost estimation and schedule development
- Transition planning
- Clipper mobile app and wallet design and technical support
- Incremental Improvement Plan approved by executive leadership
- In negotiations for rollout of communications upgrades and real-time data exchange on vehicles and in stations
- Advancing mobile strategy to bring next- generation fare payment to the Bay Area
- Successfully launched state-of-the art NFC-based Clipper card in wallet and app