Studying fare collection for rural transit
Integrated Fare System Planning – Clackamas County (Oregon City, OR)
Clackamas County hired CCG to complete a feasibility study to implement an integrated fare collection system for rural transit providers within the county. The project was sponsored by Canby Area Transit, Mount Hood Express (Clackamas County), Sandy Area Metro, South Clackamas Transportation District, and South Metro Area Regional Transit. Our team facilitated workshops to develop cohesive business objectives and goals, identified needs across the region, and then completed peer agency reviews and a gap analysis. Based on the outreach and finding, an options analysis was provided to the region that included four options and a recommended approach that focused on delivering a regional mobile ticketing solution that can migrate to a robust, regional account-based ticketing (ABT) solution that includes validation equipment.
To advance the initiatives for the region, our team developed system requirements, bid sheets and evaluations criteria for a regional mobile ticketing solution.
- Strategic and policy planning
- Program management structure recommendations
- Mobile ticketing RFP development
- Alternatives analysis and associated cost estimations
- Implementation strategy
- Developed mobile ticketing use cases and technical requirements
- Developed bid sheets and evaluation criteria for RFP issuance