Paradise found in solving the nation’s worst congestion
New Fare System – Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation (Honolulu, HI)
Honolulu recently surpassed Los Angeles for the worst traffic congestion in the country. With mountains on one side and ocean on the other, expanding existing road infrastructure is not an option. The city is in the process of building a new elevated, automated rail line to bring rapid transportation to the island of Oahu, and it is electronic fare collection that will enable a seamless customer experience across all modes of transit (bus, rail, and paratransit). Members of our team have been involved since the project’s inception, defining the original vision for the project. CCG is currently helping HART deliver on that vision with an initial rollout on bus planned for 2018.
Period of Performance: August 2018 to Present
- Program and contract management
- Technical specification development
- System architecture design
- Testing oversight and system certification
- Financial management and controls design
- Project quality assessment and control
- System and network security assessment
- Facilitated all phases of technical design review including hardware and software design for bus, rail, and paratransit
- Oversaw first round of system integration testing to certify manufactured equipment and open architecture interfaces to back office
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures and a Rollout and Communications plan in preparation for system launch
References available upon request.