Enabling the future of the nation’s first major account-based system
Ventra™ 3.0– Chicago Transit Authority (Chicago, IL)
Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) launched the Ventra® fare collection system, the first comprehensive account-based, open payment system in the U.S., in 2013. Mr. Trevor Findley served as the Technical Lead for the initial system implementation, overseeing all activities from system design through operations, with system launch occurring in just under two years.
In 2019, CCG was engaged to support CTA in a major upgrade to the Ventra system, known as Ventra 3.0, which includes migration to a cloud-hosted platform, replacement or refurbishment of all Ventra fare collection devices, and transition to a true open architecture solution. CCG led all aspects of the technical contract negotiation, including development of new and modified system specifications, and supporting development of technical requirements. The successfully negotiated contract maximizes agency benefits and unlocks a world of innovation through a robust open architecture design. Following contract execution, CCG was engaged to support rollout of the upgrade, and is currently participating in technical design review workshops, and leading the design and validation of all open architecture system components.
- Led technical negotiations for a major expansion to Ventra system (Ventra 3.0)
- Provided technical advisory services throughout legal and technical negotiations with Cubic
- Developed critical open architecture approach and technical requirements
- Oversaw necessary revisions to existing technical requirements to support system expansion
- Defined comprehensive and efficient plan for design, testing, and deployment